Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Beginning...

Welcome to my new blog! I´m very excited that you´re visiting. If you´re reading this, you probably also read my blog about South Korea last summer. That adventure is over, but I´ve just started on another one.
So where am I going to be this summer? I just arrived in Paraguay, a small country in southern South America. I’m going through World Gospel Mission with a missionary family in a village a few hours from the capital of Asunción. Right now, the plan is for me to teach English to elementary-aged students and to do pretty much anything else that needs doing. You’ll have to keep reading to find out more. :-)
I´m incredibly excited to be in South America, especially since I’m a Spanish major and this is my first time in a Spanish-speaking country. Please continue to pray for a good adjustment, and for me to both be a servant and to learn a lot while I’m here.
How was the trip, you may ask? A little...longer than expected. The weather in Asunción ended up being a little uncooperative, so the plane had to land in Brazil and come back later. Thankfully, we finally got to land, although it was seven hours later than expected. I would have a picture from the airplane, but it was a bit foggy, and I didn´t think it would be a good shot. I´ll post some pictures soon, I promise. :-)
Thanks so much for your support and prayers. Look for another blog post really soon.

Until next time,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment